This is an update video to one of my oldest projects in the making.
nothing much has changed since the last video, I just have a better computer now and I recorded it in a higher quality and framerate.
The water shader is based on my own observations.
- reflection with accurate fresnel refectance model
- refraction with chromatic aberration
- projected caustics on geometry from the water surface based on normals
- seamless transition to underwater (no fake fog added)
- accurate water volume with light scattering
- view and light ray color extinction based on water color and sunlight
- simple coastline detection based on terrain`s height-map
does not yet feature:
- displaced water geometry
- underwater particles
- underwater light rays from caustics
- shoreline behaviors
Sky model is based on Preetham, but implementation is from Simon Wallner, with a significant (artistic) changes done by myself.
I have also included an overly exaggerated experimental glitter shader and a completely procedural "water droplets on lens" shader.
YES the underwater distortion is completely unrealistic and will be removed once I add underwater particles that will wobble similarly.
sound files from freesounds.org